One of the greatest dangers of type 2 diabetes is that it can be slow and silent. Many people with the condition don’t experience any symptoms at all, even though their unbalanced blood sugar is already affecting their cells and tissue. You might be one of those people.
How can you tell if you're at risk for developing type 2 diabetes? You may be more likely to develop the condition if you:
- Are overweight, with a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher
- Are inactive
- Are age 45 or older
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Are African-American, Hispanic, American Indian, Asian-American, or a Pacific Islander
- Have high blood pressure
- Have low levels of HDL, or the “good” cholesterol
- Have high levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in your blood
Although the telltale signs of type 2 diabetes may develop slowly over many years, the condition for 1 last update 06 Jun 2020 will cause symptoms for many people. Do any of these sound familiar?Although the telltale signs of type 2 diabetes may develop slowly over many years, the condition will cause symptoms for many people. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Unexplained weight loss
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurred vision
- Sores that are slow to heal
- Skin, bladder, or gum infections
Whether you're experiencing any of these symptoms or not, uncontrolled levels of high blood sugar over time can lead to tissue damage throughout your body, from your eyes to your toes.
Uncontrolled Diabetes Is Scary — and Even Deadly
Type 2 diabetes damages essential systems in your body: your blood vessels, nerves, or both. The consequences of uncontrolled diabetes can be very serious, and some can eventually be fatal. They include:
- Heart disease and a higher risk for heart attack and stroke
- Eye and vision problems, including blindness
- Kidney disease that can lead to kidney failure
- Neuropathy (nerve damage) that can cause tingling and pain the hands and feet
- Dental problems
- Amputations due to infections in the feet
mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c symptoms men (⭐️ yo mama) | mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c care planhow to mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c for These complications sound scary — and they are. Fortunately, controlling your blood-glucose levels can help prevent many of these secondary problems, or at least manage them if they have already developed.
mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c oatmeal (👍 and alcohol) | mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c treatment algorithmhow to mit feel management erfolgreicher vertrieb pdf f054a884c for Take Action Today
If you have any symptoms of type 2 diabetes, see a doctor as soon as you can. If you do not have symptoms but do have the risk factors for diabetes, see a doctor. Simple blood tests will determine whether you have diabetes or not.
Remember, uncontrolled diabetes leads to serious health problems. Don't wait. With type 2 diabetes under control, you’ll feel better — and you’ll live a longer, healthier life with fewer complications.